Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hungry Jack's - Sydney

The King is Dead, Long Live the King
When Burger King tried to expand into Australia they found that the name had already been trademarked in by another restaurant. They offered their franchisee his pick of some of their other trademarked names and he chose Hungry Jack's. Rest assured, tastewise, if not namewise, this is a delicious Whopper Jr.

How do they do it? How do they make them taste exactly the same? There is absolutely no difference between this down under BK and any you'd find in the States. Surely the potatoes are different half-way around the world? If not, then the beef, right? Makes me wonder - perhaps there is no potato or beef in this Whopper Jr set? Shhhhhhh, don't be a party-pooper, I know. Tasted great!
There are only two little differences: the two names.
301 George St (and about 3 billion other locations)
Sydney, Australia

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. I have never had a whopper in my life.. so I cannot comment on whether it tastes the same. But... the fries honestly tasted better than those I had in Burger King. It was Mac's quality... crispy and yummy. I wanted more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dodo - hey, I am gonna have to check out the BK fries in SG. Those fries were way better than I remember.

    ReplyDelete