Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Le Sévigné - Paris

Current CM Crown-Holder!
I love croque madames. Who doesn't? A fried egg on top of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. The previous croque madame crown holder was Cafe des Anges but their title was revoked. I'm glad to have found a worthy recipient. The version at Le Sévigné has all the right touches: runny yolk, melty cheese, hot ham and excellent, cooked-but-not-too-cooked bread.

Bonus points for being frigging gigantic and reasonably priced. Pingle and I both wanted to order one but being the gentleman, I gave way and suffered as a result. I ordered a lame tart that I didn't even post a picture of. Gladly, my lesser half couldn't finish this monster and I got to polish off the remaining half.

We got fooled by the freshly made banana tart. It looked amazing but only slightly tickled our fancy. The flaky crust disappointed -too flat, too tough.

In case you've been in a cave, the Euro's been getting smashed. This translates directly into fashionable purchases. The latest was on display during the meal.

If you like Croque Madames, make your way over. I'm interested to know how this version stacks up against your favorite.

15, rue Parc Royal
3rd Arondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

5 comments:

  1. So, what's the diff between a croque madame & a croque monsieur?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sal - the Madame is simply a Monsieur with a fried egg (or two) on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that this is definitely one of the best I have had! I was kinda taken aback After the first bite.. thinking to myself.. "hmmmm... does it always taste this good?? hmm.. I like it!" That's when I used Dodo for a taste test, who confirms our views are aligned...

    Two thumbs up for Croque Madame!! No comments on the others though.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. darn! it looks so good i'm hungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dodo - you are the Dodo, not me, stop stealing my nickname for you. LilSis - it's even better than it looks.

    ReplyDelete