Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keko Cafe - Manhattan

Not All Breakfasts are Created Equal
Sometimes, for no apparent reason, things turn out perfectly. Keko Cafe is usually just a coffee spot for me but the Puff suggested trying their breakfast. It is a cozy, warm, closet-sized space with no more than 5-6 small tables. Every inch of the walls is covered with interesting bric-a-brac and a tv on either end, tuned usually to European soccer matches. It feels as if you've left Manhattan and stepped into a cafe in Paris or Amsterdam.

This photo from nosh and nibble.

I started off with a latte, which was strong and bracing, as usual.

Then perfection arrived. Something so simple - a crepe with bananas and nutella. Didn't expect much after I ordered it, to be honest. It is the best thing I have eaten in a long, long time. Fair warning, I have a big sweet tooth - this is not a subtle sweetness, it will hit you between the eyes, both of which will be closed in ecstasy. Puff and I have a deal, we each order something and share. I really did not want to share this....

121 Madison Ave
Manhattan

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

1 comment:

  1. Cant Decide which is the worse, the stale food or the worst service on earth

    ReplyDelete